Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

When my makeup obsession was in its infant stages, my focus zeroed in on the Naked2 ($52) palette. Every beauty blogger and makeup artist I followed adored it, so naturally, I knew I had to add it my ever-growing collection. Over time, I pushed it off and pushed it off, convinced I would never obtain it, due to its high price and my unwillingness to splurge. Eventually, I caved of course and the elusive palette was in my possession at last. I feel in love with it the moment I opened it and it has become a staple in my everyday makeup application. 

As soon as Urban Decay announced the release of Naked3 ($52,) my heart just about burst out of my chest. The timing, however, of said release was heavily in my favor as Christmas was soon approaching and my boyfriend was hounding me for gift ideas. I sent him the link at UrbanDecay.com and said, "This. Get me this." and viola, he did.
This "rose-hued" palette is so gorgeous, I was torn between diving right in with a brush or simply admiring it. All of the hues are so perfect, my mind was buzzing with color combinations the moment I opened it. The pink tint of my complexion posed a teensy bit of a problem when applying really any of the colors. Each one seems to draw attention to the redness in my cheeks, which is something I normally actively avoid as it makes me look like Santa Claus. Although I've never said this once in my life, I'll say it now. I wish I was paler! The colors look amazing with my green eyes but not with my pink skin! I will definitely keep working on perfecting a look because this palette is just too beautiful to waste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment