Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Year of Absence!

I have unintentionally ignored this blog for a solid year! What started with such gusto and excitement has fallen into literary despair. I reached a point in my life that made it seem pointless to continue writing about beauty products and fashion. Heres why!


  1. Cosmetics are expensive! It has always baffled me how so many beauty bloggers are able to afford all the makeup and skincare that they do. Obviously, most of the products are sent to them straight from the manufactures, but to drop x amount of money on every color of a new line of lip crayon? I just could not compete. Food and bills take precedence over makeup (at least sometimes.)
  2. The lighting in my house is terrible. You would not think this would be an issue, but it makes taking pictures of products and myself and "outfits of the day" extremely difficult. Usually early morning light is what make everything seem the most bright and clean, but even that doesn't shine through any of my windows. My house is one story, and is surrounded by tall trees and other houses, so there is no way for the sunlight to get in!
  3. Clothes do not look good on me in pictures. There! I said it! I pull together so many awesome outfits and my accessories are always on point, but when I go to take selfie, suddenly the outfit looks gross! I want so bad to showcase my fashion sense but I get so crestfallen from my lack of selfie game that I abandon the picture taking process altogether.
Despite all of this, which continues to be true, I decided to at least attempt to pick up this blog again. I recently got a job that made it possible to obtain prestige cosmetics without breaking my bank account. I started using a bunch of new products that I never dreamed of loving as much as I do. I have so many new products to review (and even more to try!) and I'm quite excited to buckle down and start writing about them. 

The hardest part about this is making myself get to work. I have made it a goal of mine to get more organized with my time, which I think will help me publish posts at a reasonable, consistent pace. until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment