Wednesday, December 11, 2013

NARS Guy Bourdin Blush

Yesterday, my Sephora package finally arrived! Packed very neatly within it was NARS Guy Bourdin Blush in Day Dream ($29.00) along with an assortment of free samples. This blush caught my eye when Nars released it, and when my favorite Glasgow blogger, gh0stparties, reviewed it last week, I knew I had to have it. Despite its relatively high price, I took a chance and spent the extra few bucks. A sort of "what the hell, why not" sort of moment. 
I don't usually wear blush, (mainly because my checks are so naturally rosy,) but the "peachy pink" color doesn't make me look too much like a porcelain doll. I paired it with NYX Cosmetics Stay Matte Liquid Foundation in Creamy Natural ($7.49) and NYX Stay Matte Powder Foundation in Ivory ($9.99,) and the result is better than I expected. I was afraid the combination of cream and pink would be clashing but it balances really well.
I'm currently on the hunt for a better foundation. I like NYX for the price and the decent quality, but none of the shades perfectly match my skin tone. When my bank account allows it, I plan on purchasing Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation ($45.00) although the shade is not yet determined. I'm also dying to try MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation ($34.00,) Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 ($42.00,) and of course NARS Sheer Matte Foundation and Sheer Glow Foundation ($44.00.)

What can I say, I have expensive taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment